Saturday, April 26, 2014

6 Days to Go: ...What Was I Doing?

It's days like today that make me so happy to be gone in less than a week. Again, I know I'm not going for vacation, but I know it's going to be therapeutic to not have to go to work and instead just focus on plays in London. I've already read my first four reading assignments and started my fifth. All that's left now that finals and work are over is Graduation and packing. If you can't tell, I worked a long, exhausting double shift today and I'm miserably tired so I apologize for the short scatterbrained post.

13/18: Little Venice, Trafalgar Square, and The National Gallery

I had planned for today's countdown to be about Little Venice and the boat rides you can take down the canal. It came to my attention, however, that I hadn't put Trafalgar Square and the National Gallery in my Countdown and Little Venice would basically take a sentence and a picture. So here it is, Little Venice.


I'm not claiming I'll take much more time on Trafalgar Square and the National Gallery. I'll admit I know nothing about paintings. I never took art history, I don't know what the colors mean or the shapes. But I do like to look at paintings. Especially Monet, because, remember, I'm obsessed with flowers. I also REALLY love Vincent van Gogh's work. Both have artwork hanging in the National Gallery at the heart of Trafalgar Square.


And get this, the fountain has LED lights in it, so at night it looks like this-


If there's anything I love more than flowers, it's lights. (Or maybe sleep.)

~Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment