Thursday, April 24, 2014

8 Days to Go: Comic Con

11/18: MCM London Comic Con

I'll take that crown now.
Yup, London Comic Con. I've never been to a convention before, despite Utah just starting theirs, so why not go in London? The event goes three days and my friend and I are for sure going to at least one of them. And the cherry on top, we're cosplaying as well. For those of you who don't speak geek, cosplaying is where people dress up as characters from comic books, Disney movies, T.V. shows, other movies, anime, and all that jazz.


People from all over go to comic conventions to see new game and movie ideas, meet celebrities (take pictures with them and get their autograph), show off their cosplay, go to panels, and meet other geeks. ((I hope no one thinks "geek" is a demeaning term. Rather, it's an endearing term to me.))
San Diego Comic Con is by far the largest, but London looks quaint and fun for a first timer. The only thing I've been worrying about is finishing my cosplay. Some people go full out, spending lots of money and time to make their cosplay 100% accurate. I'm just trying to get mine done and passable. I'll be going as Oswin Oswald from Doctor Who.


Looks easy. That belt tho. Luckily I made some serious progress yesterday.


Well, there you have it. Awesome Comic Con, not historical London, but don't I need a good mix? With seven more locations to name, I promise you won't be disappointed.

~Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment