Tuesday, April 22, 2014

10 Days to Go: Little Landmarks

London is a very famous place for all sorts of media. Thousands of books, movies, TV shows and songs portray the city. That's why there are a handful of little places I want to visit. I grouped a couple together (i.e. Baker Street) last week because they both were Sherlock Holmes related. Here are the others.

9/18: Abbey Road, Blackfriars Bridge, Fleet Street, and Platform 9 3/4


If you haven't seen this picture, I'm going to assume you live under a rock of ignorance and self loathing. Most everyone will recognize it as the cover to the Beatles album Abbey Road. (If you think One Direction invented it, then I KNOW you live under a rock of ignorance.) Whether you like the Beatles or not is completely irrelevant, because such a picture must be taken in London. My friend Leigh would kill me if I didn't walk across the road for her! (She's on her LDS Mission in Texas right now!)


As for Blackfriars Bridge, this one comes from a book series. The Infernal Devices series. One of my favorite book characters of all time has a special connection to the bridge... I can't get specific here because of spoilers... Suffice it to say that it's been my dream to stand on this bridge for years because reasons. 


The Demon Barber of Fleet... Street...
Yup, the notorious street of Sweeney Todd is on my list. Why? Because I was in the musical Sweeney Todd at my college. This one will take no time at all, but will make me quite happy.


And for my final trick, I will attempt to run through a wall at full speed so that I can go to Hogwarts. But really. Kings Cross Station in London, where Harry Potter and all of his classmates went to catch their train to school, has a Platform 9 3/4. But don't really attempt to run through the wall... that would hurt. Instead, take a picture with your cart half way into the wizarding world.

~Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment