Saturday, April 19, 2014

13 Days to Go: Olympic Park

I'm so insanely busy today that I only have fifteen minutes to write this, so unfortunately this is going to be a super quick and absent minded post!

6/18: Queen Elizabeth II Olympic Park

When I graduated from High School I made an insane goal to spend my 20th birthday in London at the Olympics. I tried to do the Study Abroad that summer, but my financial situation wasn't conductive to such explorations. (I couldn't afford it.) Now, two years later, it's happening. Well, not the Olympics part. It's not too much of a heart break though, because they still have the Olympic Park. That includes this new beauty.

Opened April 5th 2014, The Arcelormittal Orbit stands at 375 feet tall. What an incredible view of London!

Basically, the park is made of all the swimming pools, tracks, and courts that housed the Olympic Games in 2012. Being an Olympics geek, I can't wait to walk the grounds and see it all!
That's all I have time for! See ya tomorrow!



~Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment