Monday, April 28, 2014

4 Days to Go: Going North: Part 2

This is part 2 of my travels outside my program abroad. This one is less certain since we don't have tickets, but plan on paying for and taking a bus while there. Nevertheless, I will try my best and will be sad if it doesn't happen.
This little (probably day) trip will happen on our "long weekend". Basically, there is a Monday where we don't have class nor a show to see and the Friday event is in the morning so we get three and a half days instead of two for a weekend. It's like a vacation from school, so I knew we HAD to do something spectacular. This is my choice.

15/18: Cardiff, Wales


Cardiff claims to have the largest concentration of Castles in the world, so there are plenty of historical sites to see. 


Then there's beautiful Cardiff Bay,


 next to which is Roald Dohl Pass with the Wales Millennium Center, a center for theaters, restaurants, shops, and museums.


 The pictures could go on forever, but here is why I wanted to go in the first place (before I found out about the castles).


Okay, so, I like Doctor Who. The Doctor Who Experience is more than a museum of tons of sets, props, and costumes, it's actually an experience. You go through an actual story and "adventure" before they let you into the interactive museum and (eventually) shop. I haven't done any research on the story (I like surprises), but just going to the exhibition that may close in 2017 is on my life bucket list, not just my Study Abroad to do list.
I think Cardiff is an all around wonderful choice for a quick holiday ;)

~Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment