Sunday, April 27, 2014

5 Days to Go: Going North: Part 1

Today's post will be part one of a two part series on travels outside of England. 
Once upon a time, I bought my plane tickets six months in advance to get a good deal. I'll admit, it was probably a little early to do so, but I wanted to buy myself plane tickets for Christmas, so I did. What ended up happening was that I accidentally bought my ticket back for the 17th instead of the 14th, when the program really ends. Don't ask me why. I don't even know how I did it. I do remember it was late at night... When I told my friend about it, she said she did the same thing! (Maybe the tentative dates were different.) I was relieved because I bought my ticket through a booking company and couldn't change my travel dates without a huge fee. We decided to use the extra three days to travel. After considering Paris for quite a while, we finally decided that it would be best to stay in a county that   spoke English.

14/18: Edinburgh, Scotland

We chose Edinburgh, the capital city of Scotland, for a number of reasons. True, they don't have a Disney Park, but they also don't resent American tourists. I am super excited to visit Scotland, even though it will be the end of our trip, it will be the cherry on top!
I've been Pining pictures of Edinburgh since we decided and I can hardly stop. It's SO beautiful.


While I don't know much of what we're going to do there, I NEED to have a picnic on this grassy lawn next to Edinburgh Castle and the Sir Walter Scott Monument. I'm getting giddy just looking at these pictures. You know what makes it even better? We're taking the train from London to Edinburgh. Like, classic train across the green country with food and stuff. I can't think straight I'm so excited.


~Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment