Monday, April 21, 2014

11 Days to Go: Shakespeare's Stratford

A heads up before I start this post, I can't guarantee my post tomorrow will happen before midnight... Between my first final and a long shift at work, I might not be home tomorrow. I'll so my best though!

8/18: Stratford-Upon-Avon 

Stratford's claim to fame is being the birth place of William Shakespeare. And it's a good one. Stratford draws almost 5 million visitors a year. We'll be some of those visitors this year! We are going to stay at Stratford for three days, seeing three shows, the Holy Trinity Church, and other Stratford sites such as Anne Hathaway Cottage.


No, I'm not talking about the cat woman actress, but rather (for those of you who need brushing up on your Shakespeare history) William's wife. This is another post where I just want to make a slideshow of all the beautiful places and views. 
The two theaters we will visit are the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and the Swan Theatre, both homes to the Royal Shakespeare Company. 


One of my goals for this trip is to become more familiar with Shakespeare's life and works. I don't think that's going to be hard at all considering we are attending six of Shakespeare's plays for our Shakespeare in Performance class.
3 days in Stratford! It'll be like a vacation in a vacation. Vacatinception!

~Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment